Right now, I'm working up a dishcloth with the newest pattern from Bittami. After making not one, but six dishcloths with a different pattern from her that I know by heart and back again, working up this new one give me way more problems than I signed up for.
Let's take a look, shall we? I started this one this morning. The first thing that threw me off was the fact that the edges are done in basket weave, where I'm used to garter stitch. Then I managed to count wrong and divide up the hearts all wrong. If you look at the picture underneath, they are off centered by quite a few stitches.
As if that weren't enough, I managed to skip the whole last row of the heart pattern! They look cut off and sloppy like this...and I didn't realise it until I was finished with the second row of hears, ove half way finished with the cloth!
Another thing is that I decided to drop the colored stripes on it. The pattern ask you to knit two rows before and after the hearts. After being half done with this cloth, I noticed that people in Bittami's Facebook group had done the stipes in basket weave stitch to fill up the empty spaces between the heart rows, which is genious!
So, it took me way too long to realise that I just had to redo the whole thing... And now, I just finished the first row of hearts, and it looks SO much better!
The yarn is the same in both pictures, just with and without flash and daylight. BTW, this is one of the mixed fabric cotton skeins I bleached some time ago. Sorry for not posting the results on those, but I had them lying in bleach for a whole day or so and they didn't show too much more result than what you can see in these pictures. Still looks good though!