Saturday, June 7, 2014

WIP summer pullover, body done!

So, last night I managed to finish up the body of the summer pullover I'm currently working on, took me long enough, didn't it?
Anyways, I am doing pretty much everything differently compared to the pattern right now. As I've mentioned in an earlier blogpost, the original pattern's knit in four pieces, flat. That would mean almost 75% of the rounds being all purl per pattern repeat. That's way too much purling for me when it's a sweater/pullover on 3,5mm needles. Editing the pattern and then knitting everything in the round, cuts all the purls drastically and also saves me a lot of sewing afterwards. I don't have any idea why this pattern is knit flat in pieces in the first place... But when that's said, I might not make the V neck line that the pattern asks for... We'll see...

Still get a hippie/gypsy vibe off it though, can't wait to see it finished!

And inbetween all the Minecrafting, I have started the sleeves. It's not really much to look at right now, but it's a start.  Gonna work out how the increases will go for the next round now and also how I'll be doing them on the rest of the sleeve. The exciteing part comes when I'm at the raglan.

No comments:

Post a Comment