Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Batman got a DD!

OMG! This makes me so happy, you have no idea! If it wasn't for my horrible headache, I'd be jumping off the walls right now! This really brightens my day! Thank you so much Brooke for giving me this DD!

Batman recieved a DD guys! How awesome is that?


For those of you whom don't know, DD is "daily deviation" on deviantART. And since I'm bad with words today, here's a quote:
"The Daily Deviation is a daily feature chosen from the galleries here on deviantART.

A small assortment of submissions are chosen each day by a select group of staff/volunteer members who wish to showcase an image which they found impressive or otherwise interesting enough to deserve being brought to the attention of the community-at-large.

The staff/volunteer members responsible for selecting submissions for the daily feature often are open to suggestions and individual community members may direct their attention by noting the appropriate Community Volunteer or staff member with a direct link to the deviation which you are suggesting and a brief description about why you think the work in question should be featured."


Ever since I joined dA 8 years ago (check my old "main" account here), I've been wanting to get a DD on my art, but I really wasn't good or talented enough in either of my fields to get one, nor could I present my art is a delicate manner. To top it off, I've never been very good in putting myself out there, so I've more or less just been sulking in the depths of dA where the moderators doesn't look.

I made my second account (really more like fourth or fifth, but they're all deleted) and started submitting my knitting in september of 2012 since it has become such a big part of my life, and I wanted to find more yarnsters. I decided to give up on the hunt for DD's and I would never have thought that knitting could reach that far on a art-site mostly for photography and digital drawings. Allready, I've recieved two DD's so far on this account. Funny enough, both my february contest entries at Knitting-and-crochet (that both won first place mind you) have gotten a DD now, and I think it's becomming my "creativity-success" month or something.

My previous DD was the Jane Austen inspired fingerless mittens and cowl that I made for the Jane Austen contest. I was such a huge surprise for me to get that, I didn't know what to do with myself.
http://knitlizzy.deviantart.com/art/Jane-Austen-inspired-cowl-and-mittens-355981058

This is so much fun, you have no idea how much this means to me! So happy! If only my headache could clear up so I could look happy too... Weirdo... Yes I am...

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful :) Congrats on the DD. You should post this pattern on Ravelry. I'm sure that it would be really popular, and there are few to no Batman sweaters even on Rav right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^^
      I can't post this on Ravelry since the fair-isle is based off a different, traditional and copyrighted pattern. If I were to post or sell the pattern, I would have to redo it completely, then it wouldn't be the same sweater anymore

      Delete
  2. Can you tell us the original sweater pattern? The shaping would look great for my daughters, who keep bugging me to make a sweater for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything about this sweater is based off the norwegian Marius sweater. I did a few changes to make the sizes fit since I used a thinner yarn than the original sweater pattern asked for. This is not a free pattern however, so I can't share it with you, and I ask you not to copy the fair-isle pattern.
      I'm sure you could find a similar sweater model on Ravelry.

      Delete