Saturday, March 15, 2014

Multicolored socks!

Again, sorry for the lack of update!
The past couple of days, my knitting motivation has been down, but I'm trying to pick it up again.

As you know, I've been working with felted things lately, two pairs of slippes and a wine holder... They are all now more or less finished and I'll get around to talk about them later when they're all done!

But the last couple of days, I've been trying to make socks! My yarn trade with Brooke evolved into a socks vs cookies trade, and I'm not trying to work on the first pair for her. My plan was to make these, but sadly, the yarn I had in mind for them didn't work well together in fair-isle... I had to frog half a leg and just give up on that pattern. But I really wanted to use the yarn for her socks, so I decided on a simple pair with stripes instead.

Since I'm low on the purple yarn (cause the other skein is reserved for a Zelda contest), I made the stripes on the leg, while the foot with be just in the variegated yarn. The variegated are actually sock yarn as well with a bit of nylon and acryllic, while the purple's 100% superwash wool, so it'll make the heels and toes more dureable. Simple, yet pretty and very practical!

...and I think I need to get working on a spring-ish theme for my blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment