Saturday, January 4, 2014

Huge mittens are huge!

Sudden burst of energy when I hit the top of my tiredness and it turned into overtiredness! WOOH!

Anyway! I continued on the Anna mittens when I hit the overtired zone and finished the first skein. The size of them are CRAZY! All the measurements are correct so far, so they're not wrong... But these are the first felted mittens I've ever done! Compared to felted slippers, which I've made several of, they seem twice the size they should be at this point!
The little red line are where the thumb will end up being...

The pattern tells me to felt them on either 40'C or 60'C, and usually I felt on 40'C cause doing it on 60'C are pretty scary, expecially with a yarn you've never tried felting before... But seeing how big they are, I'm tempted to felt them on 60'C...but then there's the chance for them turning out WAY too small...

And as I said, this is what I could get from one skein, looks like 1/4 of a sleeve, right? Crazy time...

No comments:

Post a Comment