Monday, January 6, 2014

Yesterday's knitting progress - 5th jan

Not sure if I'll be able to keep up with all these "progress of the day" posts so I might end up do them like this...the next day. Then again, I might not do one of these every day. I should quit blabbering now and get on with it!

I finished one of the diamond snowflakes, so now I only have to do the whole thing over again on the other mitten. Not really looking forward too it, seing as it makes me go insane, but then again, I can't wait to see them finished  and hopefully they will not get ruined during felting, cause then I would kill myself for sure...
Even though they're turning out to be my worst enemies right now (and I'm seeing now that I managed to missplace one of the stitches...ffffffffffff), I just love the design of this diamond snowflake so dang much! I fell in love with it and the mittens when I first saw the movie, hence why I'm now making them in real life. They are a bit missplaced compared to the one in the movie, but it was the only way it would look good cause of the round with increasing around the wrist area.

During my rage quit on these for a moment in the middle of the night, I actually started two other projects. One is a very unimportant one and just for inbetween stuff...even though I really should have been working on the granny squares for my mother's chair blankets, I started a simple granny square blanket with a bunch of yarn I don't really like using. Might give it to Pepsi if I ever finish it...though I might frog it down in a month cause I've forgotten about it. And yes, that is a Joker band aid... I cut myself while slicing a bun... Batman is freakin' awesome!

And the last project I started will most likely be another eternity project. I found this awesome FREE pattern on Ravelry the other day and I knew that I needed to make this for baby CarCar. Yes Carolyn, this is for your baby! It's a baby blanket! I dug out some yarn from my storage and hopefully I won't have to buy too much extra yarn to finish it up. I'm trying to use as much as possible from my storage, which means the main colors will be coconut grey (which is a beautiful color in my opinion) white and either green or red to spice it up a bit. It will also make it more or less gender neutral since it's too early to tell if baby CarCar will be a boy or a girl. It's not much too look at yet so don't freak out, Car...save it for when the fair-isle has started. I do not want to cut in my knitwork...cause I'm a wuss...so I'm knitting it double...not double knit, just double... I hope it won't get too bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment